As you are a reader here, surely you already know one of the fundamentals of a sales appointment, “Establish trust first and befriend the prospect”. Usual sales people do it in a long method but Closers do it instantly smooth. Here are some.
1. Monologue with your name. People are codified with names. When you know someone by name alone, you could say the least that you know something very distinct to that person even without seeing his face or knowing his stories. You just simply know him more than just a stranger because of the name.
Your goal is to let them hear your name as much as you can during your warm up conversation. And you let them hear it by relaying past conversations with previous prospects that make them feel they had a talked with you before. I mean,
when you have been promoting same offer over the years, you are able to tally a generic set of objections and concerns expressed by your prospects.”
By, inserting previous talks on same points that they will be raising, or those which remain unsaid in their brains, while using your name, you’re able to let them feel that you have already talked before with them on that same concern and feels like you’ve known each other even before the first meeting. This also gives them an impression that you are empathetic and compassionate on the things they are thinking.
2. Treat them like the way you treated their counterparts in your life. Simple. If they are on the age of your grandmother, tell them that you remember your grandmother as you meet her and be consistent on how you really treat them just exactly how you treated their counterpart. This even gives you the idea how to tailor your offer specific to the prospects desires as you yourself more or less knows the desire of the prospect’s counterpart in your life.
3. Leave. Then, be back like an old friend. Once you have introduce yourself and your role for that meeting,
after a little talk, you could leave shortly but less distantly in order to create an acquaintance-to-an-old-friend come back as you approach them again.”
You might offer them a drink and get it for them as you also get yours. Then as you go back, treat them as someone you have already known before. They would also treat you the same. This is also helpful whenever your first approach was a bluff. You could breathe and strategize again.
4. When they recognize you as one like they know because of a specific gesture, Act it. Frequently.“You laugh like my close friend from high school” thus, laugh more often during your warm up and laugh, whenever there’s worth laughing throughout the meeting.
You could even repeat the specific gesture again whenever you have a bit of disagreement as you go along the pitch. This reminds them and hence, neutralizes the situation that they are talking with someone they have identified as a memorable pal, not a promising enemy.”
5. Tell them a previous chapter of your life that explains a specific attribute you distinctly posses as you pitch. This is actually a trick in order to justify a you-only-trait but at the same time letting them know you deeper than any just-now-met person. When i do my pitch, i usually sound like a legislative man. Thus, I tell them early in our talk that on my high school and college years I have been participating in debate championships.
That way, they feel like they’ve known me since that chapter of my life as I naturally manifest it during the whole course of our communication. Seeming like they are in front, talking with an old friend.”
Molding friendship and trust with your prospect is a process. Whether through a long or short method, It is a process. It is a “pre-pitch” requirement. Those listed never aimed to compromise the quality of your befriending talk. It makes the prospect instantly feels they knew you longtime ago, but it may not instantly work for you. It needs to be practiced, polished. Remember those. Apply. Evaluate.