A wedding, regardless of the dress code written in the invitation letter, is a formal event. Treat it this way: High schoolers have a prom night. Millennials have wedding invitations.
Dressing up properly is the most thoughtful effort you can show to the just-married. That you are there to celebrate with them and it “shows”. Just for the record, the entire wedding ceremony costs a lot. When you are invited, you are indeed an important person to the love birds. Give them a favor, Bud. Dress up! Try Spezzato.
“Beautiful Beginnings at the Waterfront” is a wedding and celebrations fair held every last weekend of May. To help couples prepare for their big day, the fair brings together Davao City’s most sought after wedding and event providers. More about it below.
You do not need to spend much though. When you run out of time hopping around rental shops, or when you are simply trying to be thrifty as a responsible adult, Your Sales Professional friend got your back. Look for them on your friend list. Try to browse through their photos and identify some pieces you might want to borrow. Then, ask for it just like what friends are for.
Spezzato The Italian art of mixing and matching your suit jackets and trousers to come up with a new, mismatched suit.
Closers invest in their clothes. They update their closet up to 3 times in a year. They realize how important dressing up well is and that is exactly just one of the reasons why a Salesman is worth keeping as a friend.
READ ALSO: Menswear and Socials
Now, what are the pieces to borrow?
- Well-fitting suit jacket. The color may either be the motif of the wedding or complements to the shade of the motif. Light brown and gray are easy to mix and match. Never button the bottom button. Unbutton all when seated.
- Handkerchief as a pocket square. This transforms the usual office blazer to a stylish jacket that jives with the wedding colors. Just fold it the way you want for as long as it does not look messy. Coordinate its color to that of your pants or your dress shirt. Choose one.
- The office dress shirt. Light blue is a safe color. White is versatile.
- The tailored smart pants. Color should blend with the pocket square’s.
- Leather pieces: The shoes and the belt should have the same colors.
Treat it this way: High schoolers have a prom night. Millennials have wedding invitations.
READ ALSO: Menswear and Estate
Note that, when you are really that “close”, your Sales friend has those pieces which he hoards in the closet for very special socials. Dig your way to it. Steal these too:
- The neat, brushed up hair style and the tweezed and threaded eyebrows as well as the well shaved facial hair. Just see to it that the style fits your facial profile too. Remember to have all the necessary hair to be cut, 1 to 2 days before a special occasion just like a wedding day.
- Fortify the look with at least three sprays of a luxe scent. Not his daily work perfume. Ask for that special musk he keeps for socials.
It is not just of his vineyard of business connections. Your Sales friend helps you a lot on nuptials or any other special dressing up events too. Such is through the handsome work wardrobes in his closet, which you can steal whenever you are invited at a friend’s wedding or even if that is on his own wedding. You are friends!
READ ALSO: Touchdown to Takeoff Outfits, South Cebu
Beautiful Beginnings at the Waterfront
The three-day, admission-free exhibition features the latest trends in the wedding and events scene from bridal floristry to destination wear, banquet themes and concept details. It also gives away exclusive hotel perks for the whole duration of the fair.