Kolm, my dapper mini-me is now more than a month old! Somehow, I have also improved from being a novice hands-on dad to an advanced beginner. Being a registered nurse who was able to study and served hours of clinical practice for the concept of Maternal and Child Health Nursing, made it easy for me (and Jasmine) to do the necessary newborn care routine for our eldest son.
Choosing a specific product for your little one can be made easy and reassuring when prescribed by a professional healthcare provider. But buying these supplies, especially amidst a risky marketplace like in a pandemic situation is quite challenging and cynical. Thus, we thoughtfully collated the list of our trusted brands that might also be helpful for you and your baby. These all can be conveniently bought and delivered to your doorstep through the Shopee App – the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia & Taiwan.
Kolm is a colicky baby
When your baby tends to just suddenly cry in a more high-pitched like than usual, fussy and burps frequently after feeding, has a tight belly, and produces loose stool, these may be best reasons to seek a pediatrician’s opinion. As for Kolm experiencing those, his pedia diagnosed him having a cow’s milk allergy which results in belly pain, thus being colicky. Read more about colic here.
The pediatrician then prescribed Similac TummiCare. This variant contains lesser cow’s protein as it is mainly made of “cooked” whey. Thus, reducing allergic reactions. The pedia also suggested using the Como Tomo feeding bottle and nipple as it features an anti-colic design with a nipple that closely resembles a female human skin to avoid nipple confusion for a mixed-fed newborn like Kolm.
It is relieving to know though, that colic is a common condition in young babies. It will go away on its own, from age 3 months to age 6 months. When managing colic symptoms, it should be considered that what works for one baby may not work for another. As parents, it is our role to evaluate which one is therapeutic to our little ones.
Here is a list of items we have used as part of the management of colic symptoms. You can tap on the product link to help you shop these items and have them delivered to your home. We recommend shopping for these items in the official Shopee stores of the respective brands to vouch for authenticity.
- Similac TummiCare HW (Shop here: https://shp.ee/gyymmmt )
- Abbott Official Store (Shop other Abbott items here: https://shp.ee/h5xjvvt )
- Como Tomo 150ML Silicone (Shop here: https://shp.ee/9nm9nkt)
A trusted family friend also suggested the Philips Avent feeding bottle for its clinically proven anti-colic valve designed to keep air away from the baby’s tummy. Yes, we have both Como Tomo and Philips Avent for the sake of Kolm’s health.
- Philips Avent Anti-colic feeding bottle (Shop here: https://shp.ee/hfxa3pt )
- Philips Avent Official Store (Shop more item here: https://shp.ee/m7uay7t )
We also have tried and trusted the massage oil from Tiny Buds which is topical management to relax the stomach due to gas. The calming oil that helps the baby fall asleep works well with Kolm as well. We are also using the Pampers baby dry taped diapers. One with an aloe vera scent. These promote utmost relaxation for our little one. For daily baby hygiene, we recommend Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash and Shampoo.
You might want to try these as well. Below are the product links.
- Tiny Remedies Calm Tummies (Shop here: https://shp.ee/mkex6kt )
- Tiny Buds Sleepy Time (Shop here: https://shp.ee/4dtw5ct )
- Tiny Buds Babies Official Store (Shop other Tiny Buds items here: https://shp.ee/ni9n64t )
- Pampers Baby Dry Taped Diaper for NB 40s (Shop here: https://shp.ee/c2kt7et)
- Pampers Philippines Official Store (Shop more Pampers items here: https://shp.ee/6te8xi3 )
- Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash and Shampoo (Shop here: https://shp.ee/26huabt )
- Cetaphil Official Store (Shop other Cetaphil items here: https://shp.ee/z4xevft )
Taking care of our kids is a lifelong mission (even when one is not a “kid” anymore). Caring for them needs the help of certain products which we as parents are ought to be well-knowledgeable about the effectivity, as well as where and how to purchase it. Thus, we will definitely add more items to this list when we find one which helps us in managing the symptoms of colic in our newborn. Visit us here again and do not forget to download the Shopee app on your smartphones.