In the pre pandemic celebration of Kadayawan Festival, there are two things that excite me. One, attending Habi Kadayawan, a style spectacle of apparels made by various local designers, inspired from the rich 11 tribes of the city. Two, hopping through spreads of local dishes from Davao-grown restaurants, feeling that festive vibe traversing gleeful streets from one plate, platter rather, to another. The Festival is always about Fashion and Food, for me.
READ MORE: HABI KADAYAWAN
The New Normal Kadayawan Festival Celebration
When the regulation of social gatherings is mandated due to CoVid-19, the city’s festival steering body gracefully transitioned the celebration by airing the awaited events live through the Kadayawan sa Davao Facebook account. Such regulation also implied a feast-at-home celebration of the Festival. Indulging in arrays of local Davao food was transitioned gracefully as well and appetizingly at that, by the GrabFood PH superapp which lists more home-grown restaurants in their menu, offering more choices, availability and FEASTivities!
Here are five Davao-grown restaurants and my respective favorite “Grabs” for the FEASTival or even for a usual day’s food cravings.
- Dod’s Ihaw-Ihaw
READ MORE: A World Street Food Master In Davao
Feast At Home Through The GrabFood Kadayawn FEASTival Raffle Promo
HOW TO JOIN:
STEP 1: Order from a select list of restaurants on Grab (Grab Superapp).
STEP 2: Use the promo code “MADAYAW”.
STEP 3: Accomplish the raffle form here:https://grb.to/FEASTival (1 order equivalent to 1 raffle entry.)
* Promo runs from August 16, 2021 to August 31, 2021
● Grab will be awarding 10 winners with 40 GrabFood vouchers worth P250 off, no min. order required, and 25 winners with 8 GrabFood vouchers worth P250 off, no min. order required. Voucher can be used for any restaurant, in any city, and with no expiry date.
● Electronic raffle draw will be on September 6, 2021 via online Zoom meeting with the presence of a DTI Representative.
● Winners will be posted on Grab’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (stories) accounts on September 9, 2021. Winners will be contacted by a Grab Representative on the same date. Winners will be notified via registered mail and in-app inbox message, too.
2. Lachi’s Sans Rival ATBP.
3. New Davao Famous Restaurant
5. Cecil’s Snack Inn and Bakeshoppe Inc.
5. Southwing Cafeteria
READ ALSO: First-to-try Restos in Davao
We have indeed adjusted to the new normal. Working, schooling, doing business and even celebrating Fiestas, we all do these now at home, facilitated by an app or an online platform. As to for FEASTing-at-home, my app is Green! Before, hopping. Now, Grabbing. Happy Kadayawan!